st: RE: Re: creating composite measures

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: creating composite measures
Date   Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:20:47 -0400

I would consider averaging the variables, after reversing the coding for
the ones that are coded with opposite "sense".  (e.g., so that higher
scores on each indicates more tolerant attitudes)

Look at egen rmean(...)

Nick WInter