st: Problem with genhw...

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem with genhw...
Date   Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:59:55 +0100

Dear all,

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the -genhw- command or the
way in which I'm trying to use it, but would be grateful for any
suggestions as to whats going on.

I have a load of genotype data for a whole genome screen and
simply want to test each locus for Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium
using the -genhw- command.  Since there are 370 markers I
thought I'd use the following to achieve this...

tokenize d*
while "`1'" ~= ""{
	genhw `1' `2'
	mac shift 2
}

However upon execution I'm told that

too many variables specified
r(103)

genhw works fine if I type in the variable names, but this is very
repetative (boring and time consuming).

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance for any help

Neil

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)