st: latest update of cut

From   Michael Hills <mhills@blueyonder.co.uk>
To   stata list <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: latest update of cut
Date   Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:42:18 +0100

I was disturrbed to find that in the latest ado update the cut
function of egen has changed how it deals with missing values.

In the version before the update, when you cut a variable with missing
values, these were coded as missing in the new variable. Now they are
coded with the upper limit specified in cut.

I can see no logic in this and I presume it is an error which has been
introduced during the latest update of cut. There is no change in the
help file for egen.

--
Michael Hills

mhills@blueyonder.co.uk