st: Re:

From   "Neil Walker" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re:
Date   Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:53:17 +0100

Secondo me, non c'e bisogno di sostituire oldvar con newvar. Potrei usare "if" eg
regress y x1 x2 if x1<100
or
regress y x1 x2 if x1>10 & x1<20
or
regress y x1 x2 if x1>10 | x1<20
etc etc

Si puo usare "if" con quasi tutti commands (dalla mia sperienza limitata - ma non conosco molto bene Stata, anch'io!)
In questo modo, non si perde "the original data"
Spero questo sia utile.

Non ho capito esattemente la tua domanda ultima. Comunque, in bocca di lupo!

From: Nazaria Solferino <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 06:40:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello! I'm a new Stata user and I'm not very good at
using it yet. I hope some one can help with my
problem. I've a large dataset, with some outliers, and
I'd like to manage variables, that I have, only in a
restricted range(without dropping observations) I've
thought I could give a zero value to all veriables
outside a certain range so I mean I should generate a
newvar=oldvar then replace newvar=0 if outside the
range. First, is this a sattistical correct procedure?
Second, if it's correct, how coukld I realize that
with stat without find each interval with centile
command for each variable, but realize a general
program that I can apply to each variables?
Thank you for your attention.

Scarica il nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: con webcam, nuove faccine e tante altre novit�.
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.messenger.yahoo.com/

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/