st: RE: Granger in panel data

From   "Muhlhausen, David" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Granger in panel data
Date   Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:18:12 -0400

I don't think Stata has a specific command for a granger-causality test with
panel data.  You can do it through a series of stata commands.  It just
takes a little for work.  For a description of how to do a granger-causality
test with panel data, see Thomas B. Marvell and Carlisle E. Moody, 1996,
Specification Problems, Police Levels, and Crime Rates. Criminology 34, 4:
600-645.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 9:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Granger in panel data

Hi Stata users,

I pooled some observations as a panel to estimate the relationship
between variables X and Y, however I do not know how I can estimate the
granger procedure for panel data. Anybody could help me, please?

Thanks

Paulo Loureiro
Universidade Cat�lica de Bras�lia

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
addressee and may contain information that is confidential. If you are not
the addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
[email protected] and do not necessarily represent those of The
Heritage Foundation.