st: Clustering

From   Philip Stevens <>
Subject   st: Clustering
Date   Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:02:46 +0100

Dear Statalisters

I am estimating a logit model with clustering. The unit of
is the record of an individual within an establishment. I am
the cluster() option to account for the fact that although
the sample
of establishments may be randomly obtained, individuals only
if they are in one of the chose establishments.
However, my question is whether the cluster() option is the
appropriate method when the records of individuals are not a
sample taken from the random sample of establishments, but
rather a
survey. That is, they represent an 100% sample.

many thanks

Philip Stevens