RE: st: RE: A follow-up question on the IVPROB/IVTOBIT.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: A follow-up question on the IVPROB/IVTOBIT.
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:44:38 +0100

Kee-Lee Lee

> With your help, I reran my IVPROB procedure with
> ignoring all observations with any missing values on
> A2-A7.  The same error message occurred: "matrix has
> missing values".
>
> So, I guess that it is not about the missing values on
> my variables. Can anyone suggest what might be the
> problems and how to resolve those problems?
> (Has anyone encountered the same error message in any
> of STATA procedures: what are some general
> causes/remedies with the error message matrix has
> missing values?)

There are several reasons why you might get this message.

One class is that you are trying to put something
which is missing directly into a matrix.

Another class is that you are asking Stata to
do a matrix calculation which would result
in one or more elements of the result matrix
being missing.

A general suggestion is now to

set trace on

and then reissue -ivprob-, and to report where the program
emits this message.