st: RE: Three-way Chi-square test

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Three-way Chi-square test
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:09:58 +0100

Wendell Joice

> I am contemplating running some 3-way chi-squares
> (chi-square tests on
> three-way tables). Unfortunately, they aren't all nice neat
> 2X2X2 tables. In
> some cases, a factor may have as many as 4 categories: thus
> yielding a 2X2X4
> table.
>
> Does Stata have a feature for doing this?
>
> Any advice on using/not using 3-way chi-square tests?

I am not aware of features for doing this as such, but
that seems little loss. Once you have three factors
it would seem better to use a more general modelling
framework, allowing also looking at individual parameters
and fitting interaction terms.

-poisson- and -glm- are possible commands.