st: Empirical Bayes using meta ado

From   atobias <>
Subject   st: Empirical Bayes using meta ado
Date   Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:08:04 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to carry out a Empirical Bayes meta-analysis (EB) using
the "meta" ado file (by Sharp & Sterne). But ... although the "meta"
command computes in a right way the EB estimates for each individual
study, the combined estimate --by using either fixed or random effects
model-- is not based in such EB individual estimates (!).

I will be grateful if anyone could clarify me if there is a bug (?).
Thanks indeed