RE: st: Win XP problem

From   "Alexander Severinsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Win XP problem
Date   Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:23:13 -0700

Thanks a lot Joseph and Micheal,

I tryed Joseph's tip marking Stata to run in Win 2000 compatibility mode, it
worked just fine.

Regards,
Alexander Severinsen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Joseph Coveney
Sent: 22. juli 2002 09:18
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Win XP problem

Alexander Severinsen posted that he could not get Stata 7 Intercooled to
start after installing it on a computer with the Windows XP operating
system.  I had the same problem after upgrading from WIndows 98 to Windows
XP.  I noted that I needed to bring up the "compatibility mode" screen in
Windows XP and mark Stata to run in "Windows 2000" compatibility mode to get
it to run.

Since Alexander has installed the updated Stata executable, he cannot get
even the Stata authorization process to run.  I don't know what to recommend
on this other than trying to uninstall Stata from the Control Panel,
re-install it with the original executable, authorizing the serial number,
etc., then change the compatibility mode to Windows 2000, and then update
the executable.

Joseph Coveney