st: predict in xtlogit re

From   "Botelho, Delane" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: predict in xtlogit re
Date   Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:16:13 -0700

When I run xtlogit (random effect) and run predict, I get predictions
that are greater than 1. The default for RE is xb.

When I run xtlogit FE (fixed effect) and I run predict, I get predicted
probabilities that are between 0 and 1. The default for FE is pc1.

What is the logic? Why not having always predicted probabilities
(between 0 and 1) if logit is a probability model?

Delane Botelho