[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
Re: st: RE: Programming Problem
At 11:17 19.07.2002 -0400, you wrote:
I'm not entirely clear on the algorithm here. Is it:
1. Assign a seat to current highest vote getter.
2. Divide that party's votes by (1+number of seats they've been awarded
3. Return to step 1, until all seats are assigned.
Yep, you are quite right, Nick. Sorry, if I did not clarify this point.
There is only one qualification, I would like to add to my former posting:
The sequence of divisors might also be a different one, for instance, 1 - 3
- 5 (or even 1.4 - 3 - 5) for the method of (modified) Sainte Lague. In
addition, I would like to preserve the initial votes that will be needed
for further calculations, and the data set is rather huge (about 200 meg).
As a consequence, my "brutal" slope + dummy approach took really long ...
* For searches and help try: