st: Graphing advice

From   Christopher Auld <>
Subject   st: Graphing advice
Date   Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:50:07 -0600 (MDT)

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on how to best graphically
present some results, hopefully using Stata.  I have 3 parameters of
interest and 4 estimators.  I have been asked by an editor to create "a
graph or two" summarizing the results. I would like to display both the
parameter estimates and their standard errors, which are based on
asymptotic approximations.  Box plots seem to be overkill since the
distributions are normal.  I don't see how to use bar charts to
conveniently display both the coefficients and standard errors.

Any suggestions?

Chris Auld
Department of Economics
University of Calgary