st: RE: Panel data manipulation question

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Panel data manipulation question
Date   Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:13:00 -0400

Appending the data for that year is pretty easy:

	. save mydata
	. keep if country==72
	. keep year p
	. rename p p72
	. sort year
	. save country72
	. use mydata
	. sort year
	. merge year using country72
	. tabulate year _merge
	. erase country72.dta

That last just checks that all years in your database were matched.

--Nick Winter

 Nicholas Winter, Ph.D.                     P 202.939.5343
 Policy Studies Associates                  F 202.939.5732
 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW     [email protected]
 Washington, DC 20009-1148           www.policystudies.com