st: RE: graph window problem

From   Finne H�kon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: graph window problem
Date   Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:55:10 +0200

Here are some ideas (based on experience with Stata 7 for Windows, born 11
June 2002):

If you haven't closed Stata yet, try Prefs -> Load windowing preferences.
(Careful; it is not clear to me how you can determine which preferences are
set here, if any. The manual says that only one set can be stored.)

Try to resize the graph window by grabbing one of its upper corners. You
don't have to be exactly at the corner to do it; it works a little bit down
the side as well. In fact, clicking in the corner area will snap the whole
corner into view if it isn't. You know the cursor is in the corner area when
it turns into a diagonal double-headed arrow.

But if you only have 80 percent ... resize the Graph window from the bottom
to fill the whole height of the screen first so that the hidden area is a
smaller percentage of the total. You might even try to increase the
resolution of your screen first.

In the Windows Registry (ALWAYS be careful if you work on the Registry!),
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stata\Stata7.0\Stata\GphWin
contains a key with five numbers that change every time Stata closes with
the Graph window in a different position. I would guess that the second or
third number is determined by the top of Graph window's place on the screen,
but be careful: the numbers may have to conform with other graph settings,
such as xsize and ysize. (This is most likely the place where the windowing
peferences are stored.)

Good luck.

-- H�kon
[email protected]