st: RE: RE: Data management/analysis

From   "Banya, Winston" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Data management/analysis
Date   Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:59:02 +0100

Dear All;

Nick suggested that I give an example of the data.

The data is in the following form.

ID   Age  MSP  Dr.  Rel.

001  60    0   Y     N
002  79    5   N     N
003  81    3   Y     Y
004  91    2   Y     Y

.
'
.
.
.
.

039 75    1    Y     N

The data is about asking a doctor and a relative about whether either of
them prefers resusitation for elderly dementia patients. What my colleague
who generated the data wants is whether he can compare when the doctor said
yes and when the relative said yes for the variable msp for example. What I
told him is that it may be difficult to do so without losing some data. One
may get 'independent' samples in the case they do not agree but when the
agree how is it counted?

If anyone can offer any suggestions, I will be most grateful.

Winston