st: Heckman with design effects?

From   Jennifer Glick <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Heckman with design effects?
Date   Mon, 08 Jul 2002 13:51:45 -0700

I am working with survey data and have discovered a problem with which
someone out there may be able to help:

I have been estimating models of changes in adolescents' test scores using
the Heckman procedure because I am not convinced that those missing test
scores are missing at random.  There appears to be a strong selection
process going on such that some respondents to the survey are less likely to
have taken the test.

It has been called to my attention that I need to adjust for design effects
with my survey data.  The svy commands are quite handy for this when it
comes to estimating means and frequencies.  Unfortunately, I do not see a
way to incorporate the two step Heckman approach AND adjust for design
effects.  Can anyone offer a solution?

Thank-you.