st: the xi: command

From   Geerdsen Lars P <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: the xi: command
Date   Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:23:11 +0200

Hi all stata user,

I am using the xi: command to construct dummy variables from categorical
variables. My problem is that I would like the xi-command to not remove one
of the dummies but I cannot in the manual find a command that turns this
characteric off. Is it possible to keep all the dummy variables, or have I
for the first time in my life found a limitation in a Stata command?

Thanks a lot,

Lars Geerdsen
Lars Pico Geerdsen
PhD-student at the Economics Department.
University of Copenhagen
The Danish National Institute for Social Research

(+45)33480927 direct.