st: RE: Multiple graphs

From   Finne H�kon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Multiple graphs
Date   Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:14:20 +0200

Something like this will get you at least half way there:

foreach i of numlist 101/163 {
	graph <whatever>
	translate @Graph graph`i'.wmf, t(Graph2wmf)
	}

See -help translate- for details, if you want to use a Postscript format
instead of the .wmf format, or if you are saving the graphs in Stata's .gph
format and want to take it from there. (I start the numlist at 101 instead
of 1 in order to benefit from the alphabetic sort order of the operating
system.) (Also remember that Stata is case sensitive.)

Then, in Word, it looks like you have to Insert -> Picture -> From file  for
each of the 63 .wmf files. (Unfortunately, it doesn't help to drag them from
the Explorer; they don't appear correctly in Word.) Or you could write a
macro for Word.

I have assumed that you are using Windows. On a Mac, I don't think the .wmf
format will work (nor will the Graph2wmf translator be available), so there
you will have to use one of the other formats (.ps or .eps) instead.

-- H�kon
[email protected]