st: RE: how to prevent wrapping of text?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: how to prevent wrapping of text?
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:35:50 +0100
> I am using Stata 7 and wanted to know if there is a way to prevent text
> from wrapping when I am using the list command.  As a default, if I list
> more than about 6 variables, the text will wrap both on the screen and in
> the log file.  I have played with the set linesize command, but
> it does not
> seem to work well.  I can get the size to become NARROWER, but not wider.
> Also, it is not always clear whether this is just effecting the
> view on the
> screen or on the log file or both.

One response is to ask what you want the -list- for.

If you want to inspect the data, then -edit- may be more

If you want some hard copy for a report or archival purposes,
then -outfile- may be more manageable.