st: kappa

From   Mary Zellmer-Bruhn <>
Subject   st: kappa
Date   Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:44:43 -0500

Hello --

I am interested in calculating kappa for interrater agreement. I have a dataset that contains about 350 individuals (members of about 90 teams). The individuals are the rows in the data. Columns are a set of 13 items on which the individuals answered yes (1) or no (0). I want to calculate the interrater agreement on these 13 items. I think the kappa command should do this, but I am not sure about the exact programming necessary. I'd appreciate any insights or comments.

M. Zellmer-Bruhn
University of Minnesota

Mary Zellmer-Bruhn
Assistant Professor