st: question on assessing cat. agreement

From   "Jan Brogger" <>
To   "Statalist" <>
Subject   st: question on assessing cat. agreement
Date   Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:50:36 +0200

There was a question on categorical agreement (I'm on digest now, so
didn't get the name):

Nick Cox mentioned kappa. Kappa has its weaknesses, as I've previously
posted. Instead of repeating that rambling, I refer to a web site that
has a much better discussion by John Uebersax. It discussed all sorts of
categorical agreement statistics:

Yours, Jan Brogger, University of Bergen, Norway