Re: st: bootstrap with pweights

From   John Hendrickx <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap with pweights
Date   Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

Would you have to specify the weights? The -svy- commands use
linearization to obtain appropriate standard errors. Bootstrapping is
an alternative method although Balanced Repeated Replication and
Jackknifing are more commonly mentioned techniques. So it's not clear
to me what -svybs- can do that -bs- with the cluster option cannot.

You might want to take a look at "Lohr, S.L. (1999). Sampling: Design
and Analysis. Pacific Grove: Duxbury Press." She discusses
bootstrapping in relationship to complex surveys, IIRC.

Good luck,
John Hendrickx