Re: st: bootstrap with pweights

From   John Hendrickx <>
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap with pweights
Date   Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

Would you have to specify the weights? The -svy- commands use
linearization to obtain appropriate standard errors. Bootstrapping is
an alternative method although Balanced Repeated Replication and
Jackknifing are more commonly mentioned techniques. So it's not clear
to me what -svybs- can do that -bs- with the cluster option cannot.

You might want to take a look at "Lohr, S.L. (1999). Sampling: Design
and Analysis. Pacific Grove: Duxbury Press." She discusses
bootstrapping in relationship to complex surveys, IIRC.

Good luck,
John Hendrickx

--- "Shinogle, Judy" <> wrote:
> I have a complex survey  data and need to bootstrap an estimate
> taking into account PSU, strata and weights.  I found stans svybs
> that takes into account PSU but what about weights.  My first
> thought was to expand the data by the weight but that would make
> the dataset too large for my memory >50mill.  Any ideas?

Do You Yahoo!?