st: xtabond - testing coefficients

From   "BULMAN, Timothy" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtabond - testing coefficients
Date   Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:46:02 +1000

Hi

I'm trying to better understand the 'xtabond' command. In particular, I'm wondering if it is possible to carry out tests on individual variables that are part of an xtabond model. Eg, I'm running the model:

xtabond indmfp indgap , lags(2) pre(indpdfl1 indpdfl2 , lagstruct (0, 2)) robust

and I want to know if indpdfl1 and indpdfl2 are jointly significantly different from zero? My attempts to do this through the 'test' command are producing r(111) ('variable not found', etc) error messages. Is it possible to conduct this type of test after 'xtabond'? (As I said, I'm still trying to get head around how this model works.)

I appreciate the list's help.

Cheers
tim

This e-mail message (along with any attachments) is intended only for
the named addressee and may contain information that is confidential
or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copying or use of any of the
information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all
copies of the  original message and attachments.

*** This E-Mail has been checked for viruses ***