st: Re: noconstant (fixed effects models) (fwd)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: noconstant (fixed effects models) (fwd)
Date   Sex, 07 Jun 2002 21:32:40 GMT

Pablo Gonzalez

Thanks for your help

Sincerely,

 Paulo Loureiro

---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
De:
You have difficulty using that option because it does not exists! xtreg
does
not have a noconstant option.
Why not running ols with the group and period dummies?
Anyway is a matter of interpretation, both regressions will give you the
same results.

Check

FAQ	. . . . . . . .  Interpreting the intercept in the fixed-effects
model
Gould
	10/97	How can there be an intercept in the fixed-effects model
		estimated by xtreg, fe?
		http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/xtreg2.html