st: Re: lroc and lfit after bootstrapping a logistic model

From   "AJ Bostian" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: lroc and lfit after bootstrapping a logistic model
Date   Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:06:39 -0400

Bema,

I had the same problem a while back, and I found that performing -lroc-
after -bs- performs the ROC test using information from the final
bootstrap iteration.  I assume this applies to -lfit- as well, though I
have not tested it.

To solve this, I wrote (with help from several people on this list) a
-bstrap- function which included an -lroc- call in every iteration.
Though it's specific to the issue I was looking at, I can email it to
you as an example function if you'd like.  I should also mention that I
adopted in my function Efron's suggestion of bootstrapping
"over-optimism" in an accuracy index (like the ROC curve); Frank
Harrell's Regression Modeling Strategies has a good explanation of this
in Section 5.2.5.

Regards,
AJ Bostian