Re: st: stubwidth in svytab

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, Stata Corp.)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stubwidth in svytab
Date   Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:43:05 -0500

Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]> asks about adjusting output from
-svytab-:

> I guess this question is directed mostly at Statacorp, but I'd be interested
> in others' responses and workarounds. Is there someway to change the
> stubwidth in -svytab- so that variable labels longer than 8 characters can
> be displayed? This capability is available in -table-.

To which "Nick Winter" <[email protected]> mentioned:

> At the end of an extremely long set of calculations, -svytab- uses -tabdisp-
> to display the basic table, so it should not be too hard for StataCorp to
> add the stubwidth (and other width options) to the basic -svytab- command.
> Doing it yourself (on a suitably renamed file, of course) takes a bit of
> doing, however, because the basic options have to be passed along through
> several subroutines (from -svytab- to -Display- to -DispTab-).  Not hard,
> but a bunch of edits.

I make no promises now, but I'll look into adding this to -svytab-.

--Jeff