st: Upgrade to Stata 7?

Subject   st: Upgrade to Stata 7?
From   Steven_A Harvey <>
Date   Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:41:23 -0400

I am considering upgrading from v. 6 to v. 7, especially now that there
is a new version of Lawrence Hamilton's book available geared to v. 7.
Would appreciate comments from those of you who have upgraded since the
new release:  in what ways is it better?  is the cost worthwhile? is
there a v. 8, 9, 10... planned for release soon that would make current
documentation irrelevant?  I currently use Stata for analysis of
international public health data: health surveys, etc.

Please reply to receive the digest version of the

Thank you.

Steve Harvey