Stat/Transfer can read and write the following popular file formats in
addition to the dozens of other supported formats:
- Stata version 13
- Excel 2013
- SAS CPORT datasets amd catalogs (read only)
- SAS PC/DOS 6.04 (read only)
- S-PLUS through version 7
- Delimited ASCII with a Stat/Transfer SCHEMA file
Stat/Transfer also handles fixed-format ASCII files.
Stat/Transfer reads and writes fixed-format ASCII with a Stat/Transfer
Stat/Transfer can write fixed-format ASCII data files accompanied
by programs that will read the data into popular statistical packages.
- fixed-format ASCII with a Stata program;
- fixed-format ASCII with a SAS program; and
- fixed-format ASCII with an SPSS program.
Stat/Transfer version 12 has added support for the following formats:
- Excel 2013
- JMP version 10
- JMP compressed files
- SPSS 21 gsav compressed files
- Stata 13 (with strl support)
- SAS 64-bit catalogs
- SYSTAT 13
Stat/Transfer version 12 also includes the following capabilities
- Cross platform licensing. Now one activation code can be used on Windows, Mac, or Linux. For example, you can activate a copy on your Windows work machine and your Mac computer at home with no extra charge.
- Windows 8 and Mac OS-X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) support.
- New options. Now you can optionally preserve the width of input strings, write variable labels to worksheet files, and control default input and output directories. A new option now controls the conversion of strings to variable length strings in Stata 13.
- Advanced ODBC options. It is now possible to use ODBC to read and write to Filemaker databases by using new options to set your user id and password. In addition, there are new advanced tools to execute SQL statements and control the use of Unicode.
- Command processor. A new switch allows you to read a file of options to be set before a copy command executed from the operating system or Stata command line.
- Features for network users. You can now install and uninstall silently, without prompts or user intervention, install licenses along with the software, and use one copy of a lease license to serve all the machines on a network.
Stat/Transfer 12 is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
Full details of supported file formats and features are
available on the Stat/Transfer information page.