Stata for Mac
Stata for Mac includes
Stata for Mac comes in four flavors:
- Small Stata
For details, see Which Stata is right for me?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Stata is right for me?
- Does Stata support the MacBook Pro with Retina display?
Stata’s output and graphs render at the native resolution of the
Retina display so that all text and graphs will appear at the highest
- Is there a 64-bit version of Stata that allows more memory to be allocated?
Stata for Mac is 64 bit and requires 64-bit Intel® processors (Core™2 Duo or better) running Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer. Stata for Mac is not available
for 32-bit Intel-based (Core Duo) Macs nor PowerPC-based Macs.
- Is Stata compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)?
Yes. Please make sure you are running the latest update of Stata 13.
- What is the minimum operating system requirement for Stata?
Stata for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer.
- Will Stata run on my PowerPC-based Mac?
- Can I trade datasets with my friends who use Stata for Windows?
Yes. A Stata dataset created on a Mac can be used, without translation, on any computer running Stata and vice versa. The same goes for graphs, programs, and any other file Stata uses or produces.
- Can my copy of Stata run on both my Mac desktop and Windows laptop?
Yes. Stata licenses are not platform specific so you can use your license
to install Stata on any of the supported platforms.
- Does a guarantee come with Stata?
A 30-day, satisfaction or your money back, guarantee comes with your purchase.