Stata for Mac
Stata for Mac includes
- Stata for Mac software
(list of supported platforms)
- PDF documentation, which includes
access to all the manuals in the printed documentation.
- You may also purchase the printed Documentation Set, which includes
- Getting Started with Stata (for all 3 platforms)
- User's Guide
- Base Reference Manual (4 volumes)
- Data-Management Reference Manual
- Graphics Reference Manual
- Longitudinal-Data/Panel-Data Reference Manual
- Mata Reference Manual (2 volumes)
- Multiple-Imputation Reference Manual
- Multivariate Statistics Reference Manual
- Programming Reference Manual
- Structural Equation Modeling Reference Manual
- Survey Data Reference Manual
- Survival Analysis and Epidemiological Tables Reference Manual
- Time-Series Reference Manual
- Quick Reference and Index
Stata for Mac comes in four flavors:
- Stata/MP (64-bit Intel-based Macs only)
- Small Stata
For details, see Which Stata is right for me?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Stata is right for me?
- Does Stata support the MacBook Pro with Retina display?
Stata’s output and graphs render at the native resolution of the
Retina display so that all text and graphs will appear at the highest
- Is there a 64-bit version of Stata that allows more memory to be allocated?
Yes. 64-bit Stata requires a 64-bit Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or greater. 64-bit Stata is not available for PowerPC-based Macs.
- Is Stata compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
- What is the minimum operating system requirement for Stata?
Stata for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater.
- Will Stata run on my PowerPC-based Mac?
32-bit Stata will run on any PowerPC-based Mac that supports Mac OS X 10.5.
- Can I trade datasets with my friends who use Stata for Windows?
Yes. A Stata dataset created on a Mac can be used, without translation, on any computer running Stata and vice versa. The same goes for graphs, programs, and any other file Stata uses or produces.
- Can my copy of Stata run on both my Mac desktop and Windows laptop?
Yes. Stata licenses are not platform specific so you can use your license
to install Stata on any of the supported platforms.
- Does a guarantee come with Stata?
A 30-day, satisfaction or your money back, guarantee comes with your
Overview: Why use Stata?
New in Stata 12